For safe and reliable operation, every vehicle depends on a fully functional electrical system
To troubleshoot your vehicle’s electrical system, the experts at A1 Auto Care use specialized diagnostic equipment to access your vehicle’s data and pinpoint the cause of any electrical problems. Our electrical system service includes:
- A thorough visual inspection of battery and case condition
- Check to ensure your battery can still deliver adequate power, and replace it if necessary
- Electrical cable connections are examined and adjusted, if necessary
- Engine diagnostics may be necessary to troubleshoot sophisticated systems or complex electrical problems
Why is it important to get my vehicle’s electric system serviced?
There are dozens of components needed to route power in your vehicle’s electrical system and these can vary greatly according to vehicle make, model and age. Your electrical system includes your vehicle’s battery, alternator and starter. Many new vehicles also feature sophisticated computer systems that affect functions like steering, brakes, sensors, and more. All of these electrical components make it difficult to diagnose the cause of vehicle electrical problems, but most begin and end with your battery.
How do I know when it’s time to have my vehicle’s electrical system serviced?
Batteries usually last between three and seven years, so it’s a smart idea to replace yours every four years as a safety measure. Have your vehicle’s electrical system checked immediately if:
- Your vehicle won’t start – you turn your key and hear clicking, grinding, or no sound at all
- Interior or dashboard lights do not illuminate properly
- Your vehicle runs well, but the headlights dim while you’re traveling at low speeds, or idling at a stop